About Our Police Department
The Nether Providence Township Police Department was established in 1935.
The mission of the police department is to safeguard persons and property through a committed community partnership by upholding public trust, fostering mutual respect and providing services to enhance the quality of life.
The Nether Providence Township Department patrols approximately 52 miles of state and local roads. The department consists of 16 officers — full and part-time, and one detective.
Business office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4 pm.
Telephone number – 610-892-2875.
If you need to speak to or see an officer for an Emergency or Non-Emergency call 911.
- Pennsylvania Law Enforcement Accreditation Commission’s “Accredited Status” PLEAC Announcement
- Nether Providence Police Department renews Certification in Premier Program designed to protect children. Media Release
Programs that the police department offers include:
- Traffic calming with patrols and the use of speed sign trailers.
- Seat belt safety and child seat programs
- Public safety days in conjunction with fire departments
- Drug and DUI checkpoints
- School safety program
- Youth Aid Panel
8 CAN’T WAIT DOCUMENT AND USE OF FORCE:
In response to the recent public outcry for police reform, the “8 Can’t Wait” movement was created, identifying eight things that the police can do immediately to reduce violence. As residents of the community, you should be pleased to know that these eight items are protocols that have been in place at the Nether Providence Police Department for more than five years, and are not a knee jerk reaction to recent problems that have occurred across the country.
The Nether Providence Police Department has been, and will continue to be a professional police agency providing the highest level of public safety to the community.