The Marple Township Police Department employs 31 full-time police officers and 20 full-time and part-time civilian employees. The police department serves the Marple Township community which is over ten square miles in area, and is home to more than 24,000 residents.
The Operations Division is led by Lieutenant Sean Hannigan.
The Operations Division consists of:
- Four patrol platoons consisting of four patrol officers that are each supervised by a Sergeant
- A Sergeant who oversees Professional Standards
- Four full-time Detectives supervised by a Sergeant
- Two officers assigned to the Delaware County District Attorney’s Office Drug Task Force
- One School Resource Officer available to assist students of the Marple Newtown School District
The Administrative Division is led by Lieutenant Frank Hannigan.
The Administrative Division responsibilities include:
- Records Division
- Department Accreditation
- Information Technology
- Uniforms and Equipment
- Hiring and Recruiting
- Crime Prevention
- Civilian Employees